July Update

July Update
« on: June 26, 2018, 03:22:19 pm »
Hello Atlanta,

I'm moving my monthly updates to a new format, this is also a way to try and force some traffic to the fourms. Lets give it a try.

ZTL Update Project
We are about to reach a major milestone in our update project. Minor SOPs have been completed are are on their way to VATUSA for approval. With the minor SOPs completed we are beginning work on CLT and ATL, which we hope to have done by the end of the month. After they are completed we will finish A80 and ZTL combined. Also with the local approval of the SOPs we are starting to talk about callsign cut over. There will be a separate post about this, but we are expecting 18 July as the effective date for the new callsigns. More to come

Mutual Visiting Agreements
Our first mutual visiting agreement with ZHU has been signed by both ATMs and is waiting approval by VATUSA. Once it is approved we will publish it as soon as possible so we can answer any questions about it. It is non standard from most of the normal visiting agreements that our neighbors have, so we want it to be approved before I get everyone's hopes up.

Open Staff Positions
We are currently searching to fill multiple training staff positions and our facility engineer position. Please get with Chris or Meg (respectively) if you have any questions about these positions

Whats Next?
I'm open to any ideas you have to what our next project should be, please email myself directly or poke me in TeamSpeak if you have any ideas. This is your artcc, it's my job to make sure that you all enjoy "coming to work" everyday. As we start wrapping up some of these projects i'm always looking at what the next big thing we can improve is!

Thanks for all the hard work over the last few months everyone!

Luke